Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Baby Bird

I'm sitting here trying to remember when-----and why-----I began calling him "Baby Bird."

It was the very beginning, I know that; long before we knew he was a "he." Nowadays, we call him "Baby Boy".......and in my own mind, I use his real name. He does have a name, although it's a secret to all but his mama and dada. :-)

Several times a day, I feel butterflies. Those butterflies that creep up on me when I think about meeting him in March............those butterflies when I wonder how I'm going to find the strength to bring a whole person into the world. But they go away just as quickly, as soon as I remind myself how much I'm enjoying pregnancy. I really think I will miss it. Sure, I'll be thrilled to have him in my arms; but there is something so miraculous about the gestating part, too. I will miss his kicking, his elbowing, his hiccups, his somersaults. It's something I most likely will never experience again, and I'm not taking it for granted.

So, Baby Bird, as excited as I am to meet you, stay inside and keep growing. Know that I am enjoying you right where you're at.


No comments:

Post a Comment